I’m going to India this summer! I’m traveling with a group of women from two Wichita churches: Pathway Church (my home church) and Central Christian Church. We’ll be ministering with women in south-central India at a conference sponsored by India Gospel League (IGL).
These are the five who will be going from Wichita:
Meet my new friends: Holly, Julie, Stephanie, and Candice.
(I'm the short one with the gold scarf in case you've forgotten.)
· Flying into Bangalore;
· Visiting IGL headquarters in Salem where we’ll work with women whose lives have been changed through microloans;
· Traveling to Vijayawada and Akividu to lead a women’s conference;
· Attending a Life Center (a community outreach center built by IGL) dedication in Akividu, a rural area adopted by Pathway for Christian development.
Holly, Candice, Julie and I spent some time praying over our detailed schedule last night.
(Steph was at a conference, but we know she was with us in Spirit.)
We’ll be traveling to large metropolitan areas as well as small towns and villages. I’m excited about the opportunity to see a cross-section of this beautiful country and participate in many activities geared toward women.
Many of you have asked how you can partner with me on this adventure. I've already received an overwhelming response to support requests I mailed to a few of you. I'm about 2/3 of the way to being fully funded. (Update: As of 4pm today, I'm FULLY FUNDED! I know! God is so faithful! If you'd still like to contribute, my fellow travelers can use your help. Thanks so much!)
I humbly ask for the following:
I humbly ask for the following:
· Please pray for me as I embark on this God-directed adventure. I don’t enjoy flying and it takes a lot of it to get to India! Pray I’ll be able to rest on the flight and arrive in India ready to go.
· Pray for Brian and our kids as they remain home.
· Pray our team will reach its financial goals and everyone will have their trip monies on time.
· Consider giving a financial gift toward my trip. Instructions to do so are included at the end of this blog.
I’m thrilled to be a part of this trip. God has given me a heart to teach and minister to women; the chance to do this in India is simply breath-taking!
Thanks for your prayer and support. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me via the comments on this blog, on Facebook, or on Twitter.
Thanks so much!
For on-line giving:
Go to Pathway Church website: www.pathwaychurchonline.com
1. Click “Giving” in left hand column
2. Choose “Give Online”
3. Click on blue “Donate” button
4. If you don’t have a log-in ID, you will need to “Create an Account”.
5. Once logged in, click on “Mission Trips” in the gray box on the left
6. Select the appropriate “Mission Trip” from the drop-down menu
7. Select “Contribute to Mission Trip”
8. Type in the name of the person you are donating to (trip attendee). Then click “Verify Attendee.” If you are unable to verify attendee or have any questions on the online giving, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Type in amount you wish to contribute
10. Click “Next.” It will take you to the next page where you will put in your debit/credit information.
**To view giving history, please allow 2 business days
**If the person you are donating to is already fully funded, your donation will still be applied to this serving trip. If the entire team is fully funded, excess donations will be put into the mission project account for projects of future teams.
**If you would like to donate to the team and not a specific team member, skip step 8 and put in the amount you would like to donate.
To give by check:
1. Make your check payable to Pathway Church (this will ensure it is tax deductible).
2. Include “India” on the memo line, but DO NOT put my name anywhere on the check.
3. Send it to me (message me on Facebook or Twitter or through the comments on this blog and I’ll send you the address).